SAMHSA National Prevention Week-May 10-16, 2020
For more information: https://www.samhsa.gov/prevention-week/about
National Prevention Week is an annual health observance dedicated to increasing public awareness of, and action around, mental health and/or substance use disorders.
The three primary goals of National Prevention Week are to:
- Involve communities in raising awareness of substance use and mental health issues and in implementing prevention strategies, and showcasing effectiveness of evidence-based prevention programs;
- Foster partnerships and collaborations with federal agencies and national organizations dedicated to improving public health; and
- Promote and disseminate quality substance use prevention and mental health promotion resources and publications.
- Monday: Preventing Prescription and Opioid Drug Misuse
- Tuesday: Preventing Underage Drinking and Alcohol Misuse
- Wednesday: Preventing Illicit Drug Use and Youth Marijuana Use
- Thursday: Preventing Youth Tobacco Use
- Friday: Preventing Suicide
The importance of this week is crucial to all of our communities especially the youth, we served. Join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PuebloYSalud.org or Instagram @puebloysalud to gain more information on these issues!