Full-Time 4 months(9/1/21 to 12/31/21) Prevention Coordinator in the City of Palmdale
SUMMARY OF DUTIES RELATING TO PROJECT OBJECTIVES:
Under direction of the Alcohol and Other Drug Program Director, the Prevention Coordinator
- Is involved with the Alcohol Program’s daily operations, the implementation of the county approved work plan, ensures compliance with county, state and federal funding contract requirements and ensures compliance with data entry into PPSDS and other required reporting.
- Assists in the coordination and evaluation of community outreach prevention programs, raises awareness related marijuana use, underage drinking of alcohol and prescription drug abuse in the community through presentations to small and large groups, the use of media to generate articles, letters to the editors, press releases, interviews on cable TV and radio, the designing and distribution of informational/educational materials, etc.
- Coordinates with local community organizations, stakeholders and leaders to build local community and agency capacity. Also coordinate with County-wide initiatives to develop and implement outreach and awareness programs in efforts to reduce underage drinking, marijuana use and prescription drug abuse.
- Attends and participates in local schools, community, staff and other meetings in accordance with program needs, this as a way of fomenting strong working relationships with key community stakeholder organizations and building support for our prevention effort.
- Conducts pre- and post-tests of participants when required by specific educational program contracts.
- Screens and provides support and education to selected youth and young adults who are at risk of AOD use and misuse. Provides designated prevention educational 6 to 12 week series in schools, parent centers and community events as needed or requested.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the goals of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in human/social services or 3 years experience in selective and indicated prevention services and supports.
- Community organizing experience
- Foreign language(s) spoken and/or written: English/Spanish.
- Technology knowledge, skills and abilities required, i.e. word processing, graphic programs and use of multiple, software. PC skills include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Develop brochures, ads, flyers and other written materials.
- Should be familiar with the Antelope Valley and San Fernando Valley area, should have knowledge and understanding of alcohol, and other drugs related problems.
- Ability to speak in public and make oral presentations.
- Ability to promote prevention efforts through traditional media and social media.
- Must have a reliable transportation and must have a valid driver’s license and car insurance.
SALARY RANGE: $38,000-$43,000 Full Time Equivalent
Submit cover letter- and resume to:
Ruben Rodriguez, Executive Director
1024 N. Maclay Ave., # M13
San Fernando, CA 91340
Fax: (818) 837-2272
E-mail both: email@example.com
DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLEDPueblo Y Salud, Inc. is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Applications are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications and not on the basis of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or authorized alien status, or veteran status.